Is responsible for assisting Front Office Manager in the overall day-to-day operations of the hotel whilst on duty. At all times is expected to lead by example – their behavior, speech and appearance must be without fault and their treatment of staff must be courteous and discretionary. His/Her guest service standards must be as the benchmark that set the levels to be attained by all hotel staff
- Ensures that all Front Desk personnel welcoming guests as soon as they arrive with great care and attention.
- Encourages customer loyalty by building friendly, personalized relationships
- Ensures that administrative procedures never take priority over guest relations
- Anticipates guest’s needs and takes them into consideration
- Handles any guest complaints and/or remarks; provides a response as soon as possible.
- Has an impeccable attitude which conveys the image of the brand and hotel Provides a warm and friendly welcome for guests to encourage their loyalty.
- Is responsible for energizing team spirit and motivation in all staff and fair and just in any staff disciplinary action required. The Duty Manager is also expected to be a “hands-on” Manager.
- Receives and escorts all VIP’s and ensuring that they feel comfortable and welcome on arrival to the hotel.
- Is responsible for the security control of all hotel keys whilst on duty.
- Is responsible for attending to, resolving or acting upon any alarms or security breaches that may occur whilst on duty.
- Ensures and oversee that all FO sections shift procedures/duties are completed on time and are procedurally correct.
- Ensures that reports are done as scheduled.
- Ensures that on-going pertinent/relevant logbook communication to other shifts is maintained.
- Assists all area in the Front Office Department as required i.e. Operator, Reception, Concierge, Business Center, Bell Desk.
- Checks and ensures that all rooms/suites assigned for VIPs are in order and the respective amenities are placed in the room/suites before arrival.
- Ensures that you are constantly aware of and `up-to-date’ with all happenings and operations within the hotel. It is vital that you have an obvious presence throughout the hotel, and be visible and moving through public areas and departments continually whilst on duty.
- Ensures clear and constant communication lines are kept with all staff and hotel departments.
- Provides change to other departments and the correct balancing of the main safe float.
- Acquires through training provided a comprehensive knowledge of the hotel’s Property Management System, Telephone System, internet System and in-house presentation System.
- Adheres to the hotel staff rules and regulations as detailed in the hotel’s staff handbook.
- Oversees the daily movement of guest activities and be able to resolve any guest complaints and to establish an impeccable Relationship with guests/ clients of the Hotel.
- Through close supervision, recommends improvement in operation, especially in the aspects of developing better service standards, increasing revenue and reducing costs.
- Conducts regular operational meetings to review, monitor, adjust and upgrade the performance of the Front Office as a whole, explaining new directions and policies and procedures at the same time.
Management and administration
- Responsible and accountable, under the direction of the Front Office Manager, for the efficient overall day-to-day operations whilst on duty, maintains and recorded all guest complaints and problems to share to all departments
- Responsible for staff trainings, and supervise front office check lists
- Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application
- Keeps the workplace clean and tidy
- Ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel’s commitments to the “Environment Charter” (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
- Vocational qualification or diploma in hospitality – Front Office and/or any initial training, as long as the person is highly motivated by the sector and that his/her level of commitment and skills have been validated.
- Good knowledge of Ms. Office, Powerpoint and etc
- Computer literate (Windows environment), PMS, Tars and an aptitude for new technologies
- Languages: fluent in the national language, English and additional languages will be an advantage
Skills and qualifications
- Good leadership, interpersonal skills, guest oriented and service minded
- Team spirit
- Good listening skills and ability to anticipate
- Good presentation and confident speaking skills
- Sales oriented, Guest oriented and service minded
Please send your complete Resume with recent photograph to : [email protected]