Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for Hotel Reservations for our clients in Bali.
- Handling of correspondences from both hotels and our clients
- Allocate daily tasks to Reservations staff .
- Review reservations booked daily.
- Review arrival report daily.
- Responsible for training staff.
- Responsible for implementation of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for recording Company/Travel Agent Rates both in the system and correspondence files.
- Liaise with Sales Department in regards to occupancy, Rates Reservation’s Analysis.
- Responsible for various Production reports and supply to each department concerned.
- Maintain cordial relations with our key hotels.
- Preferably based in Bali
Please kindly submit your application attached with full resume and latest picture to : [email protected]
About Karma Group
KARMA ROYAL GROUP
ABOUT KARMA GROUP
Karma Group is headed by Chairman and founder, John Spence, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2010. In June 2013, John was invited to join leading entrepreneurs from around the world in Monaco to join the judging panel for the Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur of the Year.
In July 2013, John was honored by the Yale University School of Architecture by being appointed the Edward P. Bass Distinguished Visiting Architecture Fellow for the fall semester 2013/2014 and is lecturing at UCLA in 2015. Karma Group is comprised of Royal Resorts, Karma Resorts, Karma Estates, Beach Clubs International and Karma Spa and has undergone significant expansion to its global network in recent years.
This expansion includes the acquisition of Karma St. Martin’s on the idyllic Isles of Scilly in UK, Karma Reef on Gili Meno, Lombok; Karma Bavaria ski resort in Germany; the iconic Karma Rottnest on Rottnest Island, Western Australia; and the development of Karma Bahamas on Little Harbour Island, Bahamas. Not to mention the purchase of one of Europe’s iconic estates - the magnificent former country home of Laura Ashley “Le Preverger” in the Cote D’Azur, France and the “Final Release” at flagship property Karma Kandara in Bali, Indonesia.
Further expansion includes land acquisition and development plans in Cuba, Brazil, Japan, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Europe, North America, the Caribbean and one of the world’s most remote islands – Saint Helena in the South Atlantic. Karma Group continues to set industry benchmarks with its passion and innovation in providing new products to engage its over 60,000 members and loyal clients throughout the world.